Wednesday, March 26, 2008

NEW March 27th, 2008

Hi out there! It has been awhile, but to my defense I have labeled this blog as the busy Bostwick's for a reason. 
First I want to say what a weird mark 25 is. It is by no means old, but it does mark the change from young 20 something to an almost thirty. It was a hard one for me. I feel that I am successful and blessed, but I also feel like there are so many things I still need to do before I turn 30. I won't share them online, but if you are really curious call me!
Next I thought I would share a little humor about teaching. We recently held parent teacher conferences at my school and to say the least it was interesting. You can never gauge how a parent is going to react some treat bad grades with humor and others with "your grounded until your thirty!" Most of the time I break the news and then sit there while parent a child have a heated discussion, it is during this time that I feel completely out of place. It's like being in someone's family therapy session. What do you say to a parent whose child simply refuses to do their work, what advice can change that student? I have realized nothing unless that student want it to. Overall things went well and to all your parents out there my best advice for a successful student is READ, READ, READ!
Remember life is precious. I have had a few experiences lately that have me thinking. I hope this reaches all of you in good health and happiness, but if not may you have the courage to get to a different place.

1 comment:

Melea said...

Miss you! Call me sometime you busy girl!