Sunday, December 16, 2007

Well here goes. My first attempt at blogging, I think I can do it. So life for the Bostwicks has been eventful. Before Thanksgiving Randy and I discovered that Alaura's thumb was bent and she could not straighten it. We took her into Urgent Care and they x-rayed it, but only to find that it was not broken, so they splinted it and sent us home. We felt horrible thinking she had hurt her thumb and we didn't know how. So after splinting for five days we removed the splint only to have her thumb return to the bent position. So we splinted for another 5 days with the same results. We then went to see our family doctor who sent us to a hand surgeon who diagnosed Alaura with congenital trigger finger, she had done nothing to cause, nor could my husband or I have prevented it. I felt relieved, but only for a moment because then we were told it would have to be fixed with surgery. Now it may be simple surgery, but for me who has never gone under for anything I am worried. Anesthesia on a three year old is a little scary, but I know everything will be fine. I will update after the surgery.

No comments: