Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Alls Well That Ends Well

So today Alaura had surgery. Her thumb is straight now, but bandaged. We had to be at the hospital at 12:45, but she couldn't eat from midnight on. So when she woke up at 9 am and was told she couldn't eat, she was not a happy camper. Three and a half hours later we were on our way to the hospital. Once there we were put in a room and waited some more. After finally speaking to the doctor, the nurse, and the anesthesiologist and nurse came in and gave her a relaxant of some kind. A few minutes later another nurse came in and took her away, she was pretty out of it because she didn't even cry, but I did. I became a little stressed at that point, but about a half hour later the doctor came out and said everything was fine. Then came Alaura crying. She had woke up quicker then expected and she didn't see us. It took about 30 minutes before she would stop. That was frustrating because I wanted to cry with her, but I couldn't because we were trying to get her calmed down so we could get the ok to leave. Well we are finally home and everyone is great. Dad and mom are exhausted (poor dad had to deal with two extremely emotional and grumpy girls today) and I'm just tired because I am still sick. Alaura, she's back to normal and using her thumb already. I am so proud of her!!

1 comment:

Melea said...

I am so glad that it went well! I have been thinking of you guys. It is so hard to watch you kids hurt or be hurt...Glad it is over and she is doing well!